It's going down the sink tomorrow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicks

Reaction score
Well up to my 7th brew and now made a mistake, managed to spray my wort chiller with E-cover surface cleaner instead of my bottle of Starsan spray (made up in a E-cover bottle) dumped it in the wort covered in the stuff. Thought I might get away with it but after 2 weeks the beer is soapy perfumed alcohol soup, yuck.

I've bought a generic plain spray bottle off ebay, lesson learnt!

I feel I have to confess here, gonna get rid of it tomorrow when my wife is out :doh:

i feel your pain...

i did something similar a lot of weeks back but got away with it

i had had a few needless to say.

lifted a bottle of mr muscle instead of the starsan luckily i twigged by the smell and thats no small feat for me..

easy done...and my bottle was labled i just didnt look....

Well up to my 7th brew and now made a mistake, managed to spray my wort chiller with E-cover surface cleaner instead of my bottle of Starsan spray (made up in a E-cover bottle) dumped it in the wort covered in the stuff. Thought I might get away with it but after 2 weeks the beer is soapy perfumed alcohol soup, yuck.

I've bought a generic plain spray bottle off ebay, lesson learnt!

I feel I have to confess here, gonna get rid of it tomorrow when my wife is out :doh:

Nightmare! Came very close to doing something similar. My spray bottle now has 'Starsan Only' written all over it.

Latest posts

Back