just bought a atc 800+ for my fermenting fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bodger001

Reaction score
ive just bought a atc 800+ from ebay and comes with a sensor,

my question is where is the best place to position the sensor ie just inside the fridge , on the side of the fermenting bin??? :cheers:

There are at least two schools of thought but I would recommend you try both measuring the air, with sensor in small amount of liquid, on FV and wort temp.
I measure the air temp and am happy with the stability but other will disagree.
It will to a degree depend on the size of your fridge, its cooling/heating capacity, location etc and use what suits you best.

thanks , yeah it would make sense on the size of fridge. i will try both. got to get the fridge and heater yet though lol

Just recently bought an stc-1000 unit, and for my first brew, a 'pilsner' kit, i have the probe in the wort.

My thinking was that as the brew produces heat as it ferments, the brew will be warmer than the surrounding air as it will eb insulated by the FV. Therefore, controlling the surrounding temp does not necessarily mean controlling the wort temp.

Other people disagree with this, but I can't rememebr why off the top of my head.

also thinking do you guys think it would be ok if i strip the inside of the door and cut a hole in the outside of the door and retro fit the atc 800+ so its flush to the front of the door. i will insulate all the wiring etc...... just thinking as it would look a lot neater

maybe a sparky could advise

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back