just bought my most expensive bottle of beer ever!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lampie

Reaction score
I just bought a bottle of beer that is lagered on caskets that where used to age beerenburg for 15 years.. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beerenburg)..

Its one bottle from the first batch of this beer of 700 bottles.. Its a special beer brewed for a 150 year anniversary of weduwe joustra (widow joustra). Most of the these bottles where sold in only 2 days and i found it at a local store that still had two bottles (not anymore :P )

Oh and when i say expensive the bottle was 10 euro for 0.5l :shock:

Expensive against a regular commercial beer? Yes - but certainly not a price that will break the bank!! Sounds great for a nice treat.

Let us know what it's like!

for me its a special beer and i bought two bottles to have a good taste.. Its not realy about the price but its the most I ever paid for a beer :)

I could not wait any longer and just opened a bottle, and it tastes amazing!

its the first time I have a barley wine so I dont have a comparisation to others but its great. It has a mild hop smell with lots of citrus and caramel and this comes back in the taste its a mild hop with lots of citrus and a nice herbmix. It has a hop citrus aftertaste with a light tingle..

Oh this was realy worth the money and i cant wait to get a few bottles from the second batch and try and leave them for some months to get some age and i think that its even more amazing :)..

Back