Keezer's of the UK

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

takeabiteopeach

Reaction score
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could share what make / model they went for with a keezer? I've got 2 slim 19L cornies and 2 old style 19L cornies, looking to make a keezer but outside of going to curry's to look at theirs, I don't know if the internal diameters are good enough so thought I'd put this question out there?

I went with a Fridgemaster MCF194 Chest Freezer. I had the size smaller arrive (mcf139) but despite the fact that two corny 'should' have fit in there, they didn't.

The 194 holds my two full size cornys, plus my 6.5kg gas cylinder and all pipes, plus loads of room for beer/food. On the hump I can put a 30litre brew bucket for cold crashing without taking anything out. I could put a 12litre or smaller corny there but they are so pricey.

Without the gas I could have 3 in there with no collar. If you added a collar I believe this fits 5 full size, or 4 full size and the gas.

Note that the mcf198 is actually not as wide so no idea what would fit in there.

I ended up going with a LEC CF300LMk2, I can get 6 cornies + gas in it, was more expensive but I'm happy as it doesn't have an external radiator on the back too.

Nice one. Don't forget that means that the whole case (well usually the 3 back walls) acts as a radiator, so leave a 10 to 20cm gap between the walls of the freezer and any surrounding materials - good airflow is key or your freezer will cost a lot more to run.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback, I was planning on jigsawing a cutout for where the exhaust/intake fan bit in the rear is so it still had airflow (rather than covering in), do you think that will be sufficient or I should still leave a void in the back too?

I figured cutting out around the intake / outtake would suffice but I don't know if it's going to expect to radiate out from the real panel or not.

Awesome, thanks for the feedback, I was planning on jigsawing a cutout for where the exhaust/intake fan bit in the rear is so it still had airflow (rather than covering in), do you think that will be sufficient or I should still leave a void in the back too?

I figured cutting out around the intake / outtake would suffice but I don't know if it's going to expect to radiate out from the real panel or not.
Sounds like a good one - mine has no exhaust like that, the walls just radiate the heat. It still have mine boxed in, I just have a 20cm gap front and rear and the left and right it opens into two large cupboards. I am tempted to cut more airholes though - things do get warm in the summer.

Latest posts

Back