Kegerator advice please

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it still doesn't fit I'd drill the beer line with what ever size bit allows you to insert the beer line enough to get the threaded end in. Don't worry be happy. Yes I'm on the homebrew lol

Okay, since I last contributed I've sorted out the disconnect problem -(went for the easiest option of buying 1/4 inch barbed disconnects and they work fine).

So today was D (drill) day.

Started off with measuring where I wanted to put the tower, leaving plenty of room to (hopefully!) avoid the light cable.
Next drilled a small pilot hole and then took the plunge and got the hole saw into action - a quick prayer to the beer gods and we're through! And no cables in sight. Cleared the insulation away carefully, still no cables and finished off with completing the hole from inside the fridge - everything going well so far 20180802_124006.jpg

Next step was marking out the holes for the bolts and at this step hit my only real problem of the day, the bolts supplied were hopelessly inadequate for the job so a trip to the local hardware suppliers was needed. Got the right length (60 mm) bolts and proceeded to fit the tower after cleaning and sanitizing all the removable parts.20180802_143044.jpg

You will notice the light is on so confirming I hadn't nicked the light cable.

This is the tower after assembly 20180802_143018.jpg

And now for the acid test

20180802_145854.jpg

Couldn't be happier, cheers!

...and thanks to all who've offered advice.

Latest posts

Back