Kegland filter system ?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fximpact25

Reaction score
Good morning all i want to ask about the kegland filter system .
I read in some places filtering is no good and bad but then others say its perfect and doesnt change flavour of beer so what do i believe does filtering change the flavour ?

You have entered the world of homebrewing and different opinions which is what this forum is about.
No two answers will be the same from brewers using different processes which usually work for them so read all and glean the best method info that suits your process.
To answer the question beer is a living organism and over filtering will take out things that are part of the beer, beer will clear naturally it just needs time which also brings maturation with it.
It is sometimes brewers trying to emulate commercial brewing which filters beer to within a inch of its life as beer that is not ultra clear can be deemed not as commercially viable.
There you go thats my cut on it now wait for other replies:laugh8:

You don’t need to filter, if you do think you need to filter then let’s see if we can help with your process and fix that for you.

EDIT: I do often use the little floating ones as an insurance policy so I don’t block the poppets on the kegs. These are way too small to be classed filtering beer though as they would be blinded in seconds due to the small surface area.

😆 Looking at threads this morning. 2 threads saying basically "my beer isn't clear enough, how do I make it clearer" and one going "I'm making a hazy and it's too clear" 🤣

Latest posts

Back