Inline Filter - what to look at?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega

Reaction score
I want yo get myself inline filter that I will use during the transfer from Pressure fermenter to kegs. I know Bouncer is one of good brands, but even Bouncer has several models from small to Pro
I also know filters also have different sizes
What recommendations you would make? Stick with Bouncer or go with another brand? What model to look at if I want to do only about 20-25 litres batch? And what filter size for lagers and IPA?
Many thanks

I am just about to press the button on a bounce mcdaddy for bottling.

Bounce Screens are:
Red 20 mesh (915 micron),
Blue 50 mesh (304 micron),
White 80 mesh (178 micron)

Red will be course.
Blue I think will be my choice.
White will be too fine imo.

How does the kegland compare?

https://brew-day.co.uk/product/kegland-floating-dip-tube-filter/
That's not for me. I like the price. But that's it. I like accessible filters, which that isn't, so it just going to be a pita at some stage.

Imo also think they are a wee bit small to achieve a good flow rate when working hard.

The OP was asking about filtering during transfer from a pressure fermenter to a keg, where you're going to be racking off the top using a floating dip tube. I've brewed dozens of heavily-hopped beers and never had an issue.

Might be worth starting a new thread for your needs?

Thats good news. Really looking forward to getting my mc daddy bouncer.

I have a plan to use the red one as a trub trap.

Don't want this to produce bright beer, just reduce the rubbish. I don't mind a little sediment in the bottle, but I aim not to be able to measure it in inches 😁

Last edited:
I want yo get myself inline filter that I will use during the transfer from Pressure fermenter to kegs. I know Bouncer is one of good brands, but even Bouncer has several models from small to Pro
I also know filters also have different sizes
What recommendations you would make? Stick with Bouncer or go with another brand? What model to look at if I want to do only about 20-25 litres batch? And what filter size for lagers and IPA?
Many thanks
What are you seeking to remove with a filter? Using a filter like the Bouncer in your finished beer transfer line will involve a scrupulous cleaning and sanitation regime.The pore size in the filter determines what you will remove and how much pressure is required upstream of the filter. Personally, like @LeeH I use a small stainless gauze hop filter on a floating dip tube to keep hop fragments out of Corny keg posts and disconnects - not had a problem with clogging so far.

I use something like the kegland one (10 for less than £5 from China).
Used on end of siphon tube when bottling to avoid hoppy bits & floaters getting through.
Yeah I have a aluminium fuel filter with a scrubby, it had worked hard and an upgrade is due.

What are you seeking to remove with a filter? Using a filter like the Bouncer in your finished beer transfer line will involve a scrupulous cleaning and sanitation regime.The pore size in the filter determines what you will remove and how much pressure is required upstream of the filter.

I sort of don't see it.
Cleaning/sanitising... will be the same as you currently do. And to be honest all my syphons and pumps get fresh water cleaning and then caustic when I think they need it.

If by pressure you mean pump. It won't need one for reasonably clear beer. But this is not the device to turn river water into bright beer. Only Elgoods have ever managed to do that 😂😂😂

What are you seeking to remove with a filter? Using a filter like the Bouncer in your finished beer transfer line will involve a scrupulous cleaning and sanitation regime.The pore size in the filter determines what you will remove and how much pressure is required upstream of the filter. Personally, like @LeeH I use a small stainless gauze hop filter on a floating dip tube to keep hop fragments out of Corny keg posts and disconnects - not had a problem with clogging so far.
I got too much trubs/yeast when I was transferring last time - I have Apollo Unitank and the ring on the floating filter broke and the filter sunk collecting yeast when I finished my brew. Now I replaced it with Fermzilla Hose Filter Mesh from Amazon, but not sure it will sot out my problems as I tend to syphon as much drink as I can :)

I got too much trubs/yeast when I was transferring last time - I have Apollo Unitank and the ring on the floating filter broke and the filter sunk collecting yeast when I finished my brew. Now I replaced it with Fermzilla Hose Filter Mesh from Amazon, but not sure it will sot out my problems as I tend to syphon as much drink as I can :)
It’s just bad luck if your floating dip tube sinks! If you go ahead with filtering I hope it does what you are hoping it will. You coukd slways phone MM and ask them what they would recommend. I have always found them helpful.

Latest posts

Back