Klarstein beer dispenser co2 issue

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayns1984

Reaction score
Hi I recently purchased a klarstein beerkules dispenser! Already used the 3 co2 cartridges provided with a few teething issues but got working and enjoyed a few barrels of ale from my local brewers! I ordered some 16g unthreaded co2 cartridges from co2cartridges that arrived today! As I connected one to the regulator chamber and tightened it the chamber started to freeze over! I’ve left it a hour and now when I turn the pressure knob on to dispense beer there’s nothing coming out and no sound of gas! I don’t believe cartridge is fully empty so I’m a bit reluctant to try n change it! Any ideas?

I think you have a gas leak. Did you fully tighten the cartridge holder?
Have a look at this thread Klarstein Beer Dispensers
Yeah the cartridge holder is fully tightened and clicked into place! It was leaking when I was initially putting it into place! Which didn’t happen with previous cartridges! Can’t hear any gas either! Is it likely that cartridge will be empty now from the leak? Is it safe to unscrew? Should I try another?

I think you have a gas leak. Did you fully tighten the cartridge holder?
Have a look at this thread Klarstein Beer Dispensers
so I change that cartridge and put another one in and the same has happened! When I’m screwing the cartridge holder in as soon as the cartridge is pierced the gas is fizzing out and freezing over until I’ve fully tightened it! Just checking I have the right cartridges! Like I said it never happened with the ones I got supplied with machine! Had slight leak originally with the connector to the keg but tightened that up!

Attachments

• B9DDFEF2-4D97-4FB8-A793-71E27CAFDAF7.jpeg
    B9DDFEF2-4D97-4FB8-A793-71E27CAFDAF7.jpeg
    21.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 721FF801-65CD-4D73-B48E-AFA4F3DA6E57.jpeg
    721FF801-65CD-4D73-B48E-AFA4F3DA6E57.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 136
Possibly, the neck of the new bulbs is shorter? Can you inspect the seal/'o'-ring in the machine? It might be 'nicked'. Try adding some vaseline or food grease as this can help the seal. Wear gloves to avoid a freeze-burn. Screw holder down quickly.

Yeah the cartridge holder is fully tightened and clicked into place! It was leaking when I was initially putting it into place! Which didn’t happen with previous cartridges! Can’t hear any gas either! Is it likely that cartridge will be empty now from the leak? Is it safe to unscrew? Should I try another?
If no gas comes out when you turn the valve then the cartridge is empty.

Possibly, the neck of the new bulbs is shorter? Can you inspect the seal/'o'-ring in the machine? It might be 'nicked'. Try adding some vaseline or food grease as this can help the seal. Wear gloves to avoid a freeze-burn. Screw holder down quickly.
Thanks for the advice! Just changed the cartridge and greased the rim and screwed it in quickly and was no leak so having a few pints this afternoon! Cheers again!

Latest posts

Back