Klarstein Maischfest 35ltr Error Code E5

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostShepherd

Reaction score
Hi there,

So I started my first brew with the Maischfest and everything was going well until near the end of the boil when I get the E5 error, the manual only shows E1-E4 as codes so I have no idea what it even is.

I'm just wondering has anyone experienced this, it is all that comes up now when I turn on the kettle, am thinking I just got a defective one as its not even completed a full brew yet.

Thanks,
LS

I've not seen an e5 error before... however have you tried turning power off and pressing the reset button on the bottom of the machine. Not the easiest with 35l of hot liquid admittedly. It might get you through this brew until you can sort out what's actually wrong.

Strange one isn't it, theres nothing about it on the internet....can you save the beer, cool it and get in the fv and then have a good look? I get the e4 on my klarstein when I get crud boiled to the heating element. They do reply to emails apparently though they can be bit slow.

FWIW, Google Bard came up with this:

An E5 error on a Klarstein Maischfest means that the temperature probe is not detecting any heat. This can be caused by a number of things, such as a faulty temperature probe, a loose connection, or a problem with the heating element.

To troubleshoot the error, you can try the following:

1. Check the temperature probe to make sure it is properly inserted into the wort.
  2. Make sure the temperature probe cable is not damaged or frayed.
  3. Try restarting the Maischfest.
  4. If the error persists, contact Klarstein customer support for assistance.
Here are some additional tips to prevent E5 errors:

• Make sure the temperature probe is clean and free of debris.
  • Avoid placing the temperature probe in direct contact with the heating element.
  • Do not overfill the Maischfest with wort.
  • If you are using a wort chiller, make sure it is properly connected to the Maischfest.
It said it got the info from the manual, the customer support site and forums. No idea if it's telling porkies though.

FWIW, Google Bard came up with this:

An E5 error on a Klarstein Maischfest means that the temperature probe is not detecting any heat. This can be caused by a number of things, such as a faulty temperature probe, a loose connection, or a problem with the heating element.

To troubleshoot the error, you can try the following:

1. Check the temperature probe to make sure it is properly inserted into the wort.
  2. Make sure the temperature probe cable is not damaged or frayed.
  3. Try restarting the Maischfest.
  4. If the error persists, contact Klarstein customer support for assistance.
Here are some additional tips to prevent E5 errors:

• Make sure the temperature probe is clean and free of debris.
  • Avoid placing the temperature probe in direct contact with the heating element.
  • Do not overfill the Maischfest with wort.
  • If you are using a wort chiller, make sure it is properly connected to the Maischfest.
It said it got the info from the manual, the customer support site and forums. No idea if it's telling porkies though.
It could be onto something though as the temperature readings were all over the place before it happened.

The only other thought I had on this was that maybe I could just take the 70% cashback they are offering me and repurpose the Maischfest as a fermenter? its got a lid that locks down with rubber seal internally, I can get a hole drilled in it easily enough, then just buy a bung and airlock, not sure if anyone has ever tried this or it would work. Might be less hassle all in all than returning.

Any thoughts?

On your other thread I sent this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/homebrewing/wiki/system-specific/gigawort/
Given what I read above I'd buy a new M6 threaded sensor after checking connections and fuses and cutouts, can't remember which one exactly but it's a two wire rather than DS18B20.
But I'd check the connections and take the 70% money back.
If efforts to fix fail I'd retrofit a smartPID controller and you'll have a brewzilla 4 without the flaws,
Works brilliant to control temp in my guten 70 litre.
https://smartpid.com/

Back