Klarstein Mundschenk Mash Tun Minimum Brew Volume?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonah13

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've progressed from 5ltr Malt extract to 5ltr All Grain brews, which have gone really well and now am about to embark on an All in one system. After much research and my budget, I can get a Klarstein Mundschenk Mash Tun XXL/65L for not much more than the 35ltr version and hopefully would allow for increased Beer production further down the line! My question is, what is the minimum brew volume I can make in the 65ltr version, hopefully it's nearer 20/25ltrs, which is less to throw away if I balls it up?

My aim is to All Grain experiment at lower volumes 20/25ltrs without having to buy a new system when I want to increase production towards 60ltrs.

Your help and advice is very much appreciated.

Hi All,

I've progressed from 5ltr Malt extract to 5ltr All Grain brews, which have gone really well and now am about to embark on an All in one system. After much research and my budget, I can get a Klarstein Mundschenk Mash Tun XXL/65L for not much more than the 35ltr version and hopefully would allow for increased Beer production further down the line! My question is, what is the minimum brew volume I can make in the 65ltr version, hopefully it's nearer 20/25ltrs, which is less to throw away if I balls it up?

My aim is to All Grain experiment at lower volumes 20/25ltrs without having to buy a new system when I want to increase production towards 60ltrs.

Your help and advice is very much appreciated.
I have in my 70 litre, as long as you have some silicone tubing you can put on your return pipe to take your returning wort below the level of the liquor in the kettle. Thicker the tubing the better.

I recently had to make the same decision. I bought the Klarstein Brauheld Pro 65 instead of a smaller model. Last week I brewed my first batch with a starting volume of 25 liters at strike with 6.4 kg of malt (target volume 20 liters). This generally went well, though I had some problems with the circulation during mash (filter clogging), but this might be due to grinding too fine. Another thing to watch is the volume indication inside the kettle. In my Brauheld this is not accurate (that's an understatement).

I recently had to make the same decision. I bought the Klarstein Brauheld Pro 65 instead of a smaller model. Last week I brewed my first batch with a starting volume of 25 liters at strike with 6.4 kg of malt (target volume 20 liters). This generally went well, though I had some problems with the circulation during mash (filter clogging), but this might be due to grinding too fine. Another thing to watch is the volume indication inside the kettle. In my Brauheld this is not accurate (that's an understatement).
I thought the same thing that the volume markings were out, then realised the markings don't take into account the dead space. Funny way to work but that is what the manufacturers have done.

Latest posts

Back