Kwik clear

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quensabob

Reaction score
Can someone help please I am trying to find this information but keep getting conflicting answers!
I have just finished and bottled a Beaverdale Merlot kit and a range white wine kit both cleared really quickly!
2 days ago, I added the 2 part Kwik clear to a red grape and Pomegranite Wow,it doesn't seem to be clearing,what I would like to know is should this be added at room temp or will it help if I put it in the garage where it's cooler,or am I just being impatient.
I degassed by shaking it a lot until no fizz was apparent anymore!

If you have definitely added both parts according to the instructions and not part A twice (which I have very nearly done before now) then I would certainly expect to see a noticeable difference in 2 days. Move it somewhere cooler and give it a bit longer though.

Mine is always added at room temperature then moved down to the cellar.

Thanks I have moved it to the garage but also in the meantime gave it another shake for luck and loads of gas fizzed up
So maybe I didn't degass it enough hope this helps!

I made some turbo cider about 3 weeks ago and it was just not clearing, so moved it outside as the temp has been hanging around 6-8 and it cleared over night. So a lower temp will help out alot i covered to keep sunlight off it tho. :cheers:

quensabob said:
So maybe I didn't degass it enough hope this helps!

The shaking method is not really efficient and takes time over days, i decided to make a degassing wand out of a coat hanger and i now degas a DJ in a couple of minutes, it makes a lot of difference in the time it takes to clear using KwiK Clear.

How to make one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMwq3TpkqCE

Thanks everyone for your replies it has now been degassed again and placed in the garage we will see how it goes,the room it was in is consistently 20oC so maybe too warm for it!
Seriously gonna look at making a coat hanger degasser but will it fit in a Demi Jon!

Yes, if you make it like the one in the video you kind of feed it in, you will get what i mean when you make it.

Chippy_Tea said:
Yes, if you make it like the one in the video you kind of feed it in, you will get what i mean when you make it.
Just made one,it was easy gonna wait until the purple grape and raspberry wow I made yesterday is ready to degass to use it as I don't want to disturb the Pomegranite one I shook the hell out of earlier!

Finally!
Thankyou so much everyone for your help, dont know wether it was the 2nd degassing (shaking the hell out of it)or the cooler temp of the garage but i have just gone into check it and there is about 2inch of sediment and its see through,dont know what finally kicked it into gear,but the difference from this morning is amazing!

Latest posts

Back