Label Designs Tips for gluing and removing!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulpy

Reaction score
Having just read a helpful way to post pics on the forum through photobucket, please excuse the (Master brewed) on the labels. O.n this forum i accept my novice status. :oops:

I can finally show some labels let me know what you think and feel free to post yours.

To remove my labels I put the beer bottle in a mason jar only slightly bigger the the bottles and fill with boiling hot water

I glue all my labels with pva glue as they peel off all in one, but stay stuck on

The original Husk (wilo newkie with malt spray goldings hops + treacle)

mexican rock lager with 12mls tequilla

Magnum elderflower cider with extra lime

and this is the barolo im about to bottle.

What software are you using to create your labels ??

They are very good by the way like them

Extremely good. I use cheap self-adhesive ones! I could never be bothered with anything else. They soak easily in cold water, you just have to rub off with your thumbs.

Very nice. I like your wine label. I would print on a laser and stick on with milk. Then they come off with a soak in the sink. What you need is a waterbased vegetable or starch based glue as that comes off in water. Avery labels are a pain in the rear as they are rubber based and leave a residue on the bottle which needs to be scrubbed off.

Avery labels are too good - cheap and cheerful self-adhesive labels come off much more easily, leaving nothing behind. Mine come from a4labels.com

Never bother. I spent to long getting the buggers clean to put more labels on. So i use coloured bottle tops to identify.

Black - Stout
Gold - Bitter
Yellow - Pale ale

You get the idea.

Great artwork though. :thumb: :thumb:

marker pen on crown cap..... 1/9, 6/10 etc my book records give full details

evanvine said:
You get the idea.
Yes I do, but how do you date them etc?

I have separate shelving for old stock and new stock, and because i always have various different styles in stock it means i can run down a stock so there isn't much left when new stock comes to condition. I never run out of beer.

Tarticus said:
What software are you using to create your labels ??

They are very good by the way like them

thanks i start them off then SWMBO finishes them off but its a combined effort we use photoshop

I find the labels really make a difference to non home brewers who tend to mistrust anything not in shiny packaging

I just put what it is on the crown cap (eg EB= English Bitter, P= pilsner and so on). I keep notes of everything in a little book and use it for reference.

In future will be looking at adding a date or something to show what is older than the other stuff.

Here is one i have just created for a wheat beer that I have conditioning

I print them with a laser print and stick them on with milk, dead easy! :hat:

Aleman said:
graysalchemy said:
I never run out of beer.
Neither do I . . .ALDI or LIDL or Morrisons always have beer on the shelves for me :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Not making a confession Tony :hmm: :hmm:

At least one of those sell 'beers' that contravene the Shameful Drinks Act 2003. :evil:

Monte Cristo said:
I use Adobe illustrator and photoshop, although i have been using them rather a long time. :hat:

This is the problem, us ordinary mortals don't stand a chance. My labels feature a lot of cut-and-pasting...

Latest posts

Back