Landrovers, (Way off Topic)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bru4u

Landlord.
Reaction score
I know this is totaly off topic but I know there are a few landy type people here aswell, so this all started years ago when me landy was gettin a bit worn out, (the chassis broke in two), so time for a bit of an upgrade, I did not want the old 2.25 diesel so in went a 300tdi with an r380 box which I had to change the internal diff to selectable 4wd, power steering, proper brakes, removable gearbox x-member, serious chassis mods and lots more. This is now my everyday wagon, I am mad into shootin and fishin and it get used alot for hauling stuff around, a bit of a tractor but I love it.

This is how I got it, the chassis was perfect, series 3 1986 (one of the very last)
day11.jpg

cockpit view, lots to do, oh yeah, I made a new loom from scratch but kept original colour system so the drawings make sence but heavier wiring, lots of relays and fuses, and lots of aditional circuits.
day12.jpg

So stripping time, some clown had an old toyota engine in this but instead of using an adaptor plate, tried welding the engine to the landrover bellhousing, mad or what.

goodchassis.jpg

Now to get the body off me old one with the fecked chassis. I love a hot spanner (gas axe)

bodyoff.jpg

So, chassis modded and cleaned up and painted.

chassiscomplete.jpg

Axles and wheels to follow
axlesrebuiltandon.jpg

Bulkhead repairs
bulkheadrebuild.jpg

And fitting it to the chassis with the engine and gearbox now in place.
bulkheadon.jpg

Getting there now, some more of the pre painted body in place
bodyon1.jpg

bodyon2.jpg

And how she is now, lots more done, and I really enjoyed the project, it took about 2 yrs on and off
finished1.jpg

and the girls, its been on the road for over 3 yrs and no faults, people used to say to me, why don't you just buy a new one, my reply was, any fool with money can do that and it won't be as good, I spent many years at sea so I had to put a hatch in the roof aswell.
finished2.jpg
Enjoy ;)

Not totally off topic, i did see some beer kegs holding up the chassis at one stage :lol: Wow you put a lot of work into it but it paid off, nice job :cool: :thumb:

Nicely done Bru. :clap: Good choice on the engine and box! :thumb:
It feels nice when you know you built it doesn't it.

Ooops, for got this one of in side the cockpit.

Cockpit.jpg

And I suppose I did DRINK BEER, and as AT said,during the period of the rebuild and kegs were used in the process.
Bru

That is a fantastic piece of work you have done their , Looks fantastic and soooooo nice,

One small question though in this pic
chassiscomplete.jpg

Is that a beer keg being used for a chassis stand !

Nice work that man :clap:

I've no pics of mine on the web at the mo but will upload some later this year and post - sadly is it still in this state:

chassiscomplete.jpg

well not quite - it has 4 wheels on now and the gearbox. The engine is in quite a few bits :oops:

Latest posts

Back