Latest build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Made myself a boiler controller thing. Its a Raspberry pi controlling a 30 amp relay with a temperature probe. The buttons are 3D printed with capacitance switches on the inside of the box. It has settings for strike, mash and chill temperatures and boil time. Tested it yesterday and it works as expected - press go and it heats the water in the boiler to strike temperature and keeps it there until you press + and it moves to the mash stage. It will save continually going over the boiler to check whether its at strike temperature etc.

(Just bought the missus an iPad mini and decided to stick one of the stickers on the top so its an iBoilerController :cool:)

Boil Con.jpg

First live run was not a success. During the mash stage it decided that the temperature was rising rather than falling. Target was 66, I started to be concerned when it said 68. Stuck my thermapen in when it said 70 and the reading was 66 on the thermapen. Positioned the thermapen and the probe next to each other and the thermapen said 66 and the probe said 70. Going to try a different probe.

Latest posts

Back