Leaky Tap Set-Up

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulcford

Reaction score
Hello one and all,

I do hope someone can help me. I have attached a photograph of the above mentioned leaky tap set-up. As you will see it is a Nuka Tap (with return spring), a tap shank with collar and a connector to screw the tap shank to the product out post. It looks like the leaks are located at either end of the connector.

I have tightened as much as practical,
I have tried to insert rubber/silicon "O" rings at either end, but nothing seems to work.

On the "O" rings, should they be sitting on the connector or located in both the tap shank and the product out post?

Does anyone think that PTFE plumbers tape might work?

What am I doing wrong?

Hope you can help.

Attachments

• leaky tap set-up.jpg
    leaky tap set-up.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 4
I used a keg mount tap when I started with kegs but I had the bespoke direct mount disconnect here
https://brewkegtap.co.uk/collections/taps/products/intertap-flow-control-keg-mounted
I think you have the premium steel disconnect so all connections are steel-steel and I wouldn’t be surprised if it needed tape to seal. Whoever sold it should know?
Many thanks for your information. I have some PTFE tape and will try it today. I shall look on Brewkegtap site today too.
best regards
Paul F

Latest posts

Back