Lemon Hooch

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was doing nothing as well, i had no bubble trap action. But now I have bubbles galore. Just leave it alone and it will do its thing

It was at least 3-4 days to see any airlock action but I have to admit the cupboard it was stored in was not the warmest of places.

When doing brews from things with preservatives you should swirl or shake them vigorously daily to help oxygenate the yeast, don't forget metabisulphate is an anti oxidant.
Another thing that could help is making a starter, arne described this very well http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17279

What should the FG be on this? My reading says 0.998 and bubbles are still being produced.

Progress so far:

The one on the right is the tropical and the one on the left is a mulled apple tc. I used robinsons apple and added two cinnamon sticks, a few cloves and a star anise. :-)

Looking good [emoji108]🏼 what's your estimated ABV in the tropical ?
I did not take an initial starting gravity but by going all the other threads using the same recipe 400g sugar gives 4% abv. Each additional 85g thereafter is supposed to add 1% abv to the finished product.

Just found the original instructions by Second2none, they are the same what was in posted in post #2

I've gave it a go was aiming for the lemon one but morrisons had no lemon in stock so checked the ingredients on another flavour against the morrisons own brand double concentrate and it was the exact same so got these to try

339717e78018254bd56a8884b7abe79b.jpg

I followed the recipe above apart from the sugar 500g in the lemon one and 600g in the summer fruits. Hopefully something comes from it because the smelt amazing [emoji108]🏼

c60e58075adfd381f46780db910f212e.jpg

Post yeast starter

8cd97de270d97defbf3df73d8ef401d5.jpg

Sitting nice n snug in a warm room now waiting for the magic to happen

So I now have activity [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Well one one anyway the lemon one not doing much yet but I have my fingers crossed

[ame]https://vimeo.com/146749890[/ame]

Looking for wee bit of advice , summer fruits hooch is doing great but lemon on e isn't looking to good

0e79c0764b7d8e4d80d15d471e2af0bc.jpg
84d7ab56cf582b26ad3e90fefff5f26f.jpg

I've gave it a shake everyday for last 3 days to try get her going but she's not budging ! When I shake her the air lock goes for about 5 mins then stops again

Any ideas if this Is a duff brew ?

Temps a steady 24/26*c

Have you checked it with a hydrometer? My grapefruit went like the clappers and then stopped. Pretty much finished in five days. I have read citrus is hard to ferment.
Hence my grapefruit experiment.

I have but its not moved much but tbh near has the SF one but I can defo see the activity in there it's a weird one tbh I can see very small bubbles up that layer on top just doesn't look good I followed the recipe exact for both of them ones working and second just seems different

Anyone got a finished product from this ? Interested to see what mines is like when i get home hopefully summer fruit ones cleared a good bit [emoji108]🏼

Done the lemon and summer fruits.
Lemon is crystal clear with yellow tinge reminds me of a **ss after drinking 2 pints of water :lol:
Summer fruits is a fantastic bubble gum pink.
IMHO there not exactly alcopops but looking at ingredients and effort they're a tasty little drink.
Cheers second2none :drink:

Latest posts

Back