Let my beer in the FV for erm... waaaaaayyyyy too long. Whatdo?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snetty

Reaction score
So I forgot/procrastinated about bottling the Summer Ale I'd been brewing. It's probably been a couple of months now and it's still sat in the FV in the corner of the dining room.

The lid has never been opened, but presumably it still needs binning?

Due to a bereavement of a close family member I had a beer in my FV for just over 7 weeks a few months ago that I hadn't got round to kegging.

I was about to bin the lot but thought what the hell i'll do it anyway and to my surprise it turned out rather well.

Give it a go before you throw it....it may work out ok :thumb:

+1

as long as it was left alone and covered and was clean when u started the only real danger is some slight off flavour due to cannibalistic yeast, iirc the term is autolysis? but that can take months n months and again depends on the yeast used..

on the plus side it should be nice n clear with a solid sediment base ;)

I'd just bottle it using a siphon and not be over ambitous about getting all of it out. If you have a secondary FV - no problem, just rack it, add sugar either to blow off any air and leave it to settle, or just bottle straight away ready primed. Try not to pick up too much Trub is the advice.

thanks for the input guys, much appreciated.. I'll have a taste and let you guys know how it goes

Latest posts

Back