Looking for a beer kit that tastes abit like!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacedhopper

Reaction score
Hello all right I hope someone can help I'm after a beer kit that tastes a bit like citra Oakham ales beer!! My current favourite and if love to find a beer kit with similar flavours

It's addictive this brewing my first one is in and I'm looking for suggestions for my next!!!

Cheers

I'm a big fan of the Oakham citra so if you find something I'd be keen to hear about it. Think I'll make a citra based brew my first extract brew when I get the kit in the new year.

adding hops is very easy. do your brew as it tells you to on the tin. give it 14days in the frementer.
at day 9 open the lid and throw in some hops and put the lid back on, and continue as the instructions tell you.

the only thing you need to watch out for when doing your first brew is a lot of kits will tell you there ready to bottle after 5-7days, this is very wrong and you need a minimum of 14days, some ppl give upto 30days. Take your time.

Would agree with the above that the wilko golden ale kit with some citra hops should give you something very drinkable with a nice citrus finish. The only thing I found with the wilko golden ale kit is that it does need a little something extra to give it a little more flavour.

Would agree with the above that the wilko golden ale kit with some citra hops should give you something very drinkable with a nice citrus finish. The only thing I found with the wilko golden ale kit is that it does need a little something extra to give it a little more flavour.

many ppl will under brew wilko kits, its common to do a 40pint kit to 32pint.

Latest posts

Back