Looking for decent sites on homemade salami/dry curing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aneray

Landlord.
Reaction score
I have been searching the above for a while with no real success. On my first attempt i ended up looking at a recipe for bird neck sausages http://honest-food.net/wild-game/duck-g ... irds-neck/ and next I typed beginners dry curing into Google and it came up with sites for drying the ingredients of your favourite Jamaican Superkings.

Anybody out there know of any UK based forums/sites.

:cheers:

I am afraid I cant help you but... mmmmm love it!

Maybe i'll bump your post and someone will see!?

Thanks Darcey :thumb: .

Never thought of looking at Youtube :whistle: . I'm always preaching on to my kids that if they need any info on certain subjects, check Youtube out. I found the very basics last night, so I might pop out in the next couple of days for a leg of pork. Just wondering whether any butchers can remember the art of tunnel boning.

The link for the basics is below for anybody that might be interested.

http://www.leegarlandphotography.co.uk/ ... omment-678

Try this clicky. I think it is american but there are some UK posters on their as well. I fancied it as well but the thought of getting it wrong and food poison didn't appeal :lol: :lol:

This is a good cheese forum as well here

Thanks for the link guys, they are both excellent.

Bloody hell GA, have you seen the size of that cheese forum. Are you a member.

No I am not. Making cheese is another thing I want to try but it does look a good forum truly international.

If you take up cheese making the beer fridge might have to be converted into a cheese cave, pretty similar I supose except they not only go for heating and cooling but also humidity control. :lol:

graysalchemy said:
Making cheese is another thing I want to try but it does look a good forum truly international.

Same here. I can think of nothing better on a nice warm day than eating homemade cheese, salami, Parma type ham and pickles, all washed down with homemade cider. This weekend I am having a look around the area for a decent leg of pork, so I can make a start with homemade air dried ham . A couple of miles away is the Roddas creamery where they produce their excellent clotted cream. This place might be a good idea to pick up a couple of gallons of fresh milk for cheesemaking. I won't be starting this for a while until I complete everything else I have to do.

The 350g tub of malic acid arrived in the post yesterday, so I think a large batch of Turbo Cider based on your recipe is on the cards very soon.

When you make some tc be sure to put a few pints aside to make some vinegar. I made a load of pickles last year out of a vinegar made from a bitter that had gone off. I have a few pints of cider vinegar too.

Latest posts

Back