Lost colour and cloudy after stabilizer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatline-uk

Reaction score
Hi all, it's been a while since I've been on the forum. Haven't really brewed anything for a couple of years.
This year I've got a batch of gooseberry wine on the go. It's all gone well, it's fermented out fully, looked lovely and clear and was a nice pink colour.
Last week i racked off and added stabilizer. It went cloudy and the pink colour has almost completely gone.
It's been a week. Shall I just add some finings and hope it clears and the colour comes back?

Hi all, it's been a while since I've been on the forum. Haven't really brewed anything for a couple of years.
This year I've got a batch of gooseberry wine on the go. It's all gone well, it's fermented out fully, looked lovely and clear and was a nice pink colour.
Last week i racked off and added stabilizer. It went cloudy and the pink colour has almost completely gone.
It's been a week. Shall I just add some finings and hope it clears and the colour comes back?
Anyone?

I believe the fg was at 0.980 and just use youngs stabilizer.

The top half has cleared now. Bottom half still very cloudy. Doesn't look like the colour is coming back though

Latest posts

Back