Lots to learn….

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earthylass

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve been brewing on a Brewdevil for the last few years …. a bit hit and miss! On here to try and untangle a few of the variables that seem to affect my brews. Usually use all grain kits but yesterday made a Butty Bach clone 🤞🏻. Something I can’t ever get used to is THE WAIT….

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
When you say hit and miss do you mean that the machine is not brewing as should or it is the kits that you have bought or is it inconsistency from yourself etc?
Members can help with all of these

Welcome to the forum.
When you say hit and miss do you mean that the machine is not brewing as should or it is the kits that you have bought or is it inconsistency from yourself etc?
Members can help with all of these
Hi , I think it’s me and my lack of knowledge. I’m over whelmed by the amount of variables that may affect a brew but looking forward to picking up lots of info on here. One of my quandaries is about where to place the fermentation vessel to optimise the best fermentation rate ( eg a steady gurgle or a rapid one…. Is the situation too warm / cold). I’m a bread maker so always tinkering to achieve a good bake. Thanks Baron

First bit of advice if you have somewhere that can ferment at a reasonably steady temperature use that place and maybe use yeast choice to help with the temperatures you have.
I use the garage in the summer/autumn for lagers as it is quite a bit cooler than the rest of the house as a example.
Just ask away and you will get plenty of advice.
Ps no question is daft

First bit of advice if you have somewhere that can ferment at a reasonably steady temperature use that place and maybe use yeast choice to help with the temperatures you have.
I use the garage in the summer/autumn for lagers as it is quite a bit cooler than the rest of the house as a example.
Just ask away and you will get plenty of advice.
Ps no question is daft
Brilliant. So many questions so will get things straightened out eventually . Cheers

Latest posts

Back