Madeleine McCann

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting documentary on bbc1 now, doesn't seem to be casting the McCann 's in a great light though!

I read this morning that yet more funds are being allocated to the police in the ongoing investigations into the Madeleine McCann disappearance.
Look out for the annual media attention leading up to the 11th anniversary in May.
Otherwise, for once, words fail me.

£11.1m.... You could have prosecuted and imprisoned both parents for neglect for that and had enough spare change left over to put their other kids into foster care.

I have always thought there was something strange about this case they were not a couple of 20 year old chavs going on a bender leaving their kids with no supervision they were professional people who should have known better, the figure of £11.1m is mind boggling.

Something just came on tv about them and my wife asked me why they have never been charged with child neglect.

Because they are upper class so above the law on this
If they were working class they would have the book thrown at them

If nothing comes of it then whoever decided to keep paying to waste Police time should foot the bill.
aamcle

An opinion of a colleague of mine follows.
The area from which the child was lost is a strange one. It had and still may do have an air of the sinister about it. Almost as if the child had been stolen to order and would never have survived more than a few days. The local police as well as the residents knew this and were astounded that the parents were ignorant of it.

Apart from this, the simple facts of the matter do not reflect well on those responsible for the child. They know who they are and have never acknowledged any shortcomings. They always protested too much, and far too loud, and far too quickly, to having any personal responsibility, for any parent to ever doubt whom is ultimately responsible.

Back