MASHED! HOMEBREWING TOURNAMENT - REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gareth Davies

Reaction score
🍻
🏆
Win a top prize. Gain full bragging rights. Be hailed champion and crowned the heavyweight of homebrew! It's not your average homebrew competition...

The MASHED! Homebrew Tournament will put your beer in a direct head-to-head contest with other entries in an exciting new knockout style homebrew tournament. Think FA cup for homebrewing. It doesn't matter if it's a heavyweight porter or a featherweight rice lager, you’ll all be thrown in the ring together to see who’ll make their way to the top. Because there can only be one winner!

The rules are it has to be an all grain recipe and you are a homebrewer, aged 18+ years. All entrants are invited to watch the tournament in Aberystwyth on 27th April 2024.

👉
Read more and enter at MASHED! HOMEBREWING TOURNAMENT - Dark Farm
👈

logo.png

Where is it being held?

Who the beer judges - only asking in case they are a relation/friend which might make my entrant unfair. I guess there is an option to drop off rather than pay for posting 6 bottles

I'm not sure how big your family is. But there will be 10 judges, these will be randomly picked for the first two rounds, 5 in total and all present for the remaining rounds.

The beers will be also selected at random. That's part of the fun.

Click on the link for information and scroll down for full details. The event will be held in Aberystwyth.

What is the criteria for judging?

Is it simply "I enjoy this beer more than the other" or is it "this is a better example of a Rice Lager than this is an example of a Stout" ?

I'm not sure how big your family is. But there will be 10 judges, these will be randomly picked for the first two rounds, 5 in total and all present for the remaining rounds.

The beers will be also selected at random. That's part of the fun.

Click on the link for information and scroll down for full details. The event will be held in Aberystwyth.

Very big and I am in Aberystwyth. Hence why I ask.
Can I drop beers off at the venue rather than try and post 6 bottles?

Very big and I am in Aberystwyth. Hence why I ask.
Can I drop beers off at the venue rather than try and post 6 bottles?
Brilliant - we hope to see you at the event.
Yes you can certainly drop them off might be worth pop them over a week earlier so we can make sure there in the system - but we can chat about this as the time get closer.

What is the criteria for judging?

Is it simply "I enjoy this beer more than the other" or is it "this is a better example of a Rice Lager than this is an example of a Stout" ?
Good question. we thought of using the method "this is a better example of a Rice Lager than this is an example of a Stout" but this then slips back into a more tradition beer competition based on score. We wanted to add a little drama / jeopardy so its purely head to head. Each 2 beers will be tasted by a team of beer lovers including experts from the industry and qualified tasters. The beer with the most votes goes to the next round. Until there can be only one.

Brilliant - we hope to see you at the event.
Yes you can certainly drop them off might be worth pop them over a week earlier so we can make sure there in the system - but we can chat about this as the time get closer.
Sound. Just spoke to Zac and he mentioned he will be judging, along with Ian. Should be a good day

Latest posts

Back