Maxi Cooler and Fermenters

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @stuarts I have been using our old restaurant Acask cask Jackets on my BrewBuilder conicals. (75L & 150L) They work fine on the 75's and two get wrapped around the 150L (with internal coils - insulation only)

I now have two Elitech STC 1000Hx (+ 100W PTC element) modded Brandels sub zero shelf chillers running on 50% glycol. They maintains all my FV temps from 20*C to 2*C I use a max of 2 FV's /chiller. It worksathumb..

Ooops, I forgot to say. Insulate all exposed steel, or you'll lose the effect - I use pipe foam, silver bubble sheet and neoprene :cool: athumb..

Last edited:
Been running my Brandels Shelf Ciller . I took out the 3 product coils and replaced them with 2 submersible pumps linked to inkbirds .Recently I can only get the fermenters down to +5 when cold crashing . The recirculation pipe runs all the time thru my kegarator though I cant control the temperature. I made up crude cooling jackets fir the fermenters inside the chamber that work well .
The compressor is not turning on as much now it only turns on when the ice Bath has depleted.
Would I get any benefit from using glycol, fitting a itc 1000 which I have kicking about .

Yes. I can manage about 3degrees cold crash with my beer line chiller and water/ice. Sufficient for a cold crash but bypassing the thermostat with an stc-1000 and using glycol would allow you to cool to a lower temperature. A project on my to do list.

Back