Milestone Dasher The Flasher

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dronnybrewer

Reaction score
Just about to get this brew on. It says brew up to 22.5 litres though and reading should be 1040. I worked out this should give me about a 4.6 percent ale. Was hoping for something a bit stronger. Would you suggest only doing 20 litres and adding a bit more brewing sugar? Its an all in kit so no need to add sugar at the start.

Just about to get this brew on. It says brew up to 22.5 litres though and reading should be 1040. I worked out this should give me about a 4.6 percent ale. Was hoping for something a bit stronger. Would you suggest only doing 20 litres and adding a bit more brewing sugar? Its an all in kit so no need to add sugar at the start.

An OG of 1.040 with the yeast attenuating out at 75% (which is about average) giving a FG of 1.010 gives you an ABV% of 3.86%

So you might want to add some more fermentable and brew shorter as planned

Edit. If you've got a wilko near you, you could also get some of there 'Ale yeast' which is in fact nottingham yeast which has usually has an attenuation f about 80% so you beer will have a lower FG and consequently higher ABV%. As a downside though this will dry your beer out more and leave less body

Thanks MyQul. Just off to Wilko for somw cleaner and carbonation drops so will have a look for yeast. Want a bit of body to it though so will just brew shorter and add a bit more brewing sugar or enhancer. Got about 400 grams of each in a bag so will chuck those in.

I brewed this up 10 days ago as per instructions to 22ltr and my og was 1044. Still in fv and tested yesterday and was at 1014 and fizzy, plan on leaving another 5 days or so before I check it again. looking forward to this one..

I brewed this at 20 litres with about 200g extra brewing sugar and a bit of cinnamon. It gave a reading of 1048 so hopefully should give it a bit of extra strength. Cheers everyone.

Do any of you have any recommendations as to whether to keg or bottle Flasher the Dasher?
Cheers,
Chris

I have never barrelled before so not sure what to recommend. I bottled this yesterday. Got 36 bottles out of it. With final OG reading at 1010 it will work out about 5 percent. Smells good, can just get a small whiff of the cinnamon, nothing too overpowering. Going t be disciplined and leave until 1st December to give it a try.

Latest posts

Back