Mixed Gas Regulator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nibber

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I want to buy a mixed gas Nitrogen /C02 regulator for my stouts/porters, I already have the special faucet and have sourced the gas locally and will be using a 70/30 mix ,I have seen various regulators, but unsure which to choose- can I just buy a mixed gas primary 0-4 bar 2 gauge regulator about £75 (this seems to be the most common) or on speaking to someone today who supplies gauges (well known retailer who does all pub /bar equipment) and he suggested I need the mixed gas 2 stage pri/sec regulator 0-6 bar twin gauge which is about £90,dont want to buy the wrong one, :mrgreen::doh:

Corny1 Amarillo Single Hop Ale
Corny2 Vanilla Porter
Corny3 Brain Wipe Tripel
Fermenter 1 Proper Job AG Kit

Reason he says the higher priced one is most pubs don't use corny kegs they use kegs which don't have a prv built in like the cornys do.

Get the higher priced one if your planning on switching to sankey/grundy/ U type kegs in the future.

If your exclusively using cornies then you don't need a prv on the regulator as they have them on cornys lid.

Also the more expensive one will have more control over your carbonation.

Latest posts

Back