Mole's Winery 2011

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to confess that my winemaking record keeping of late has been somewhere between lackadaisical and apathetic, occasionally verging on totally non-existant.

This weekend I have finally collated all of the information from scribblings in a notebook, odd scraps of paper lying here, there and everywhere, and things I have posted on the forum. All brews are now accounted for and all of this year's notes have been re-written in a new ring binder.

To bring this topic up to date:
#1113, Elderflower, 6 gallons (filtered yesterday)
#1114, Pink juices, 15 litre (filtered yesterday)
#1115, Wheat & Raisin, 1 gal, (19% abv), racked and put away until next Christmas
#1116, Tymbark Multifruit (WOW-type), 15 litre (filtered yesterday)
#1117, Damson & Plum, 5 gals, not quite ready for racking, SG still 1.006
#1118, English Port, 5 litres
#1119, Port fruits, 2nd mash, 1 gal
#1120, Elderberry, Blackberry & Damson, 25 litre, 19/9/11
#1121, WOW, 15 litre, 21/9/11
#1122, Red fruits 2nd mash, 15 litre, 28/9/11

This morning I thought I would experiment. I still have a Cherry version of those Polish fruit syrups. I know it's Cherry because although the front label says “Wisnia” it was bought from an English supermarket and has a bilingual back label.

I also have a Polish syrup “z cytryna” whose front label has a picture of raspberries & lemons, and one “z zurawina” whose front label shows cherries (I think) and raspberries. These were bought from a local Polish shop and carry no English translations on the labels, but I understand that “bez konserwantow” means “no preservatives” and I can have an educated guess at many of the ingredients.

So I have started #1123A, B and C, being 3 x 1 gallon DJs with a WGJ + AJ base plus sugar to give a net 1.090 after I have topped up with the fruit syrups.

#1124 is another 1 gallon experiment using 1 litre WGJ + sugar, plus a 900ml bottle of “Kubus” carrot, banana & apple drink. £1.18 from Tesco. It's a very thick drink (but tastes pretty good) and is VERY orange in colour.

Latest posts

Back