Mosaic Hops - A new kid on the field

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never used them but I'm sure Brewdog use them in brews including dead pony club, I think they call them HBC as far as I know, although that may be alot of shecht, I'm sure I read that somewhere when planning my clone Dead Pony Club beer.

is there a link to the recipe mate? Sorry still learning my way around this site.. :drunk:

Yob said:
is there a link to the recipe mate? Sorry still learning my way around this site.. :drunk:

for my recipe for the dead pony club? aye here - http://thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35455&hilit=pony I've had a taste of it, it's not bad at all, not quite there in terms of a full on clone but it would never be due to the amount of hops Brewdog use. would possibly mash at 68 degrees for a bit more body next time and increase the caramalt to around 500-550g

so using a recipe similar to this I would sub in the Mosaic for the Galaxy?

mmmm citra, simcoe and mosaic..

think I just messed me pants ;)

Looking forward to your tasting impressions.. bloody love fruity hops

cheers

Just copied this from the Wikipeadia link I posted in the "hop characteristics" sticky.

Mosaic™ brand HBC 369 cv

Mosaic™ Brand is a registered trademark used with HBC 369 cv aroma hop variety developed by Hop Breeding Company, LLC (a joint venture between John I. Haas, Inc. and Select Botanicals Group, LLC)and released in 2012. Mosaic™ Brand hops offers a unique and complex blend of floral, tropical, fruity, and earthy characteristics that translate very favorably into several styles of beer. Mosaic™ Brand HBC 369 cv is the daughter of the Simcoe® Brand YCR 14 cv hop variety and a Nugget derived male.

The only info it doesn't give is the AA%, but it's a usefull description.

I made a lovely pale with them. They have it all. Spicey, fruity, piney I love them.

Back