Mother of all brew fridges

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is (well, catering freezer). Discontinued model, but to buy one like it the price has three zeros on the end! Happy days! Turned it on to try it out and it dropped from ambient to 10° in minutes...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4152174.htm

Starting to take shape. There was already a hole where the original temperature sensor went through, so enlarged that to take cables. Found the fan heater in the link above, cheaper than a green house heater and fan built in so that saves one lot of cables. As for running costs, the cooling aspect won't be used that much to be honest - I don't do lagers so no need for cold crashing, and the garage is sitting at about 14°c at the moment, so I'll just open the door!

STC arrived today, all wired in and working! Big order on the way from HBC, Christmas beers next week. Bit late, but if I get two brews next weekend, plus the saison I've just done, over 100 pints. Happy happy days.

20151010_190723.jpg

Just did a heat/cool test. With the fan heater, got from 12°c to 21°c in 7 minutes, and with the freezer on, back down to 12°c in 10 minutes. Teehee. Happy bunny. Total cost - STC £8.50, fan heater £12.49. The rest I had lying around (though will probably have to buy a replacement plug for SWMBO's hairdryer, in fairness).

Latest posts

Back