Motorbike.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry no picture at my end.

This -

fffffffffffff.jpg

It's the front one you can see. But now you can't. I've found a replacement today,finally. £12 the robin bleeders. It'd better fit. Lots of subtle variations thru the years and it turns out that mine is not the exact model that I've believed it to be since acquisition in 2002!!

Get a yellow bulb and a bit of clingfilm it'll do for now. :lol:

Lol if the replacement don't fit I've got access to lots of perspex in all colours and a laser that can make a new lens, so long as I speak to the programmers very nicely. Which ain't likely to happen anytime soon.

reading this thread makes me wanna pull the cb750f1 out of the garage and brush off the cobwebs n buy another battery ;)

reading this thread makes me wanna pull the cb750f1 out of the garage and brush off the cobwebs n buy another battery ;)
Grrrrrrr!
I just bought a new battery as mine isn't charging in my (usually) trusty old Daytona.
It's charging a bit, but nowhere near where it should be.
£55.00 wasted!

Grrrrrrr!
I just bought a new battery as mine isn't charging in my (usually) trusty old Daytona.
£55.00 wasted!

I had that problem a couple of years back. Had visions of new regulator/rectifier at megabucks. But no, the el cheapo ebay battery was cack. A new Yuasa sorted it but I fitted a voltmeter on the dash just to make sure. Been fine since.

Grrrrrrr!
£55.00 wasted!
Are you sure the battery is the issue.Run it and check the voltage with a meter across the terminals and you should be getting around 13.5v which is charging voltage.If under 13 then maybe your alternator is on its way out.

Gerry

Are you sure the battery is the issue.Run it and check the voltage with a meter across the terminals and you should be getting around 13.5v which is charging voltage.If under 13 then maybe your alternator is on its way out.

Gerry

I was in such utter disbelief that a brand new battery could be dead that I did all the checks and rewired stuff/ new terminals / extra earthing points etc. The votmeter I put on out of paranoia puts my mind at rest - watching it display 13.5 to 14 volts with a running engine is as cool as watching the inkbird maintain 19C!

Had the reg/rec changed under a recall a couple of years ago. Don't think it's that as bulbs aren't blowing and everything else is behaving.
Was hoping it was battery as this was the cheapest/easiest fix. It's only charging at about 12.3V which is no good.
Had the fairings and tank off, couldn't even find the stator/alternator connections to check them!
Hoping it's not the coils in the stator, as this means draining the oil (which I only changed a couple of weeks ago at huge expense!)
At least I've got 2 good batteries - one in the bike, one in my bag, and no journeys longer than 50 miles!!!

Try running a wire from some bare metal on the alternator to the battery negative to rule out earthing problems. Failing that dunno, sorry.

Had the reg/rec changed under a recall a couple of years ago. Don't think it's that as bulbs aren't blowing and everything else is behaving.
Was hoping it was battery as this was the cheapest/easiest fix. It's only charging at about 12.3V which is no good.
Had the fairings and tank off, couldn't even find the stator/alternator connections to check them!
Hoping it's not the coils in the stator, as this means draining the oil (which I only changed a couple of weeks ago at huge expense!)
At least I've got 2 good batteries - one in the bike, one in my bag, and no journeys longer than 50 miles!!!
I have had to change the alternator on my GS a few years ago and quite a few years ago done the same on a GS250 and Suzuki were renowned for it then.
Went for a run which ended up a lunatic race on country roads at about 3 in the morning with a mate who had an RG125 and I was on the GS250 which was not charging and no spare battery and of course being night time,lights on drained the battery so ended up a mile from home having to turn off the lights with his tail lights nowhere in sight and not even a street light to help.Chat about driving by the seat of your pants.

Gerry

Try running a wire from some bare metal on the alternator to the battery negative to rule out earthing problems. Failing that dunno, sorry.
Therein lies the problem!!!
Engine drain and covers off to get to the alternator...
Thanks anyway.

I have had to change the alternator on my GS a few years ago and quite a few years ago done the same on a GS250 and Suzuki were renowned for it then.
Went for a run which ended up a lunatic race on country roads at about 3 in the morning with a mate who had an RG125 and I was on the GS250 which was not charging and no spare battery and of course being night time,lights on drained the battery so ended up a mile from home having to turn off the lights with his tail lights nowhere in sight and not even a street light to help.Chat about driving by the seat of your pants.

Gerry
I'm trying not to brake much at the mo, so as not to divert too much energy from the fuel injection system!

Minutes after the pic above was taken, the indicator lens parted company from the rest of the bike. My fault - removed the screw for access to something else and didn't tighten properly. Anyways I've searched the 'net high and low and these things are pure unobtanium. Gonna have to go back to where that pic was taken and ride verrrry slowly to see if I can find it. Probably splattered into a million pieces by an artic, sob! I guess one will turn up on the 'bay sooner or later.

Are you in the FJ owners club ? I used to be in the XJR and TDM Owners Clubs and found them very useful.

Last edited:
Are you in the FJ owners club ? I used to be in the XJR and TDM Owners Clubs and found them very useful.

I was for the first few years I had the bike but apart from the FJ Journal they sent out every so often I rarely used their 'facilities'. Wonder if Phil Hacker is still The Man? Anyways a bit more rooting around earlier drew a blank - the indicator lens has long been obsolete. If the one I ordered turns out wrong I'll just go ahead and make a couple of new ones with the lasers. Won't match the originals of course but what can you do until the great cosmic exchange mechanism turns one up?

Have you tried fj1100/1200 UK group on Facebook. I had lots of help until my fj12 finally died. Some one on there might be able to source parts for you.

Back