MP15RM Pump Leak

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joetp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Annoyingly my bank holiday brew has had to go on the backburner as my pump (which is imperative to my brewing system to function properly) has a broken o-ring. I'm not sure how it's happened, but probably wear and tear. I also had to dismantle it to fix a blockage recently, so I wonder if it happened during that... I tried about five times to see if I could make it work, but no matter how I set it up, it still leaks.

I don't suppose anyone has had this issue and knows the o-ring spec for the MP15? Picture below:

Sf0b8f3c4747142c3b7d8e3069f7f2de8q.jpg

I can get them on Aliexpress, but the delivery will take a fair old while... Thought it might be worth an ask!

Cheers!

I realise this is quite niche! I've bitten the bullet and ordered from Aliexpress (after extensive searching this was the only decent option, unfortunately!)- I've ordered a spare sleeve and five o-rings too. Should mean I'm covered for any potential future pump chaos (although knowing my luck, the impeller will break next or something).

Could help someone in the future anyway! I'll post if this fixes the leak... I bloody hope so! More annoyed I can't brew for a couple of weeks now. Might have to get some kits done in the meantime.

Thanks! It's very hard to measure them exactly since the o-ring is now broken, so I'm having to try and measure the housing. That site looks like the holy grail for o-ring replacements though!

For reference, this is the cause of the chaos (see tear at the bottom):

1693305754712.png

I've got in touch with the Aliexpress store in case they know the exact measurements then I can maybe order on here as well to see if I can source them quicker.

I've ordered a few different sizes of these around the ballpark I think it is: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185387569012?var=693173999199

A fraction of the price of Aliexpress (4 pounds), so I've requested to cancel the Aliexpress order for now. Thanks for the help/confidence haha! Hopefully one of these will work (if so, I'll have saved around 15 quid)!

I'll keep you posted.

Back