Muntons are my new best mates

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adiecain

Reaction score
I had a problem a while ago with a Muntons smugglers kit sticking.. I thought it was me being *****.... So I ended up turfing it on my roses after not being able to restart it (pre HBF days) I bought another smugglers to try again before xmas and had the same problem.. so I emailed muntons to no avail and ended up sending a snotty email to another address I found and had an immediate response. They asked for my address and phone number and I got a phone call from Linda, their retail sales executive :party: she apologised like a good un and had two kits with extra premium yeasties sent the next day.... with a jolly nice t-shirt thrown in to boot.... well done muntons.... :party: :thumb:

problem is now..... I just made my first ag... will I be dissapointed with the muntons when I brew it :wha:

Had the exact same thing happen with my santa's winter warmer - they sent me a free kit and an enzyme to restart my exisiting one. They seem to have real quality issues with these kits.

I'm going to order a London Portere. It so happens I have an extra sachet of Munton's premium gold yeast, but I think I'll just pitch what they send me, and deal with it if it sticks. It's only reasonable to expect a kit to work as sent, and if they're doing a good job of looking after those with dodgy kits, I might as well save the extra yeast for another project!

I had problem with a kit of Smugglers Special. Fermentation became stuck at 1020. After much moaning they sent me a new kit, which i sincerely appreciate.

there seem to be quite a few of us here that have had free kits from muntons, they're going to go bust at this rate - it beats me that they seem to be accepting the fact that their kits are dodgy and handing out freebies yes they are still churning out the same stuff.
The FREE one they sent me also stuck - I was expecting it to be improved.

philip5660 said:
there seem to be quite a few of us here that have had free kits from muntons, they're going to go bust at this rate - it beats me that they seem to be accepting the fact that their kits are dodgy and handing out freebies yes they are still churning out the same stuff.
The FREE one they sent me also stuck - I was expecting it to be improved.

Muntons must have a no quibble policy.

I have never thought of a kit sticking as being anything wrong with the wort or yeast, but either poor technique or bad luck.

I have never thought of a kit sticking as being anything wrong with the wort or yeast said:
I would have said the same but there are too many people with the same problem - and the sticky gravity seems to always be around 1020.
Never had a problem with any other beer kits or home made wines for that matter.....

I have been using muntons for 12 years or more and never had a problem , I must be lucky,
but I do add other ingrediants for flavour. :thumb:

Back