Muntons Connoisseur's Export Pilsner 1.8kg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandy

Reaction score
Anyone tried to brew this kit?? It was the first time I had brewed anything and have tried the same kit three times now but did not work on all three occassions? Is this a particularly difficult one to brew?

The problem each time was that the beer was totally flat. Reading another thread I think the problem was that I put it in a pressure barrel instead of bottling. Maybe just too fizzy a beer to be barrelling? Scared to try the same one again to be honest, cannot be bothered wasting the time and money with the same pilsner if it may not work again.

The problem each time was that the beer was totally flat. Reading another thread I think the problem was that I put it in a pressure barrel instead of bottling.

That's a problem with storage, nothing to do with the Pilsner kit - the kit was almost certainly producing CO2, it was just escaping. Pressure barrels can be a PITA to seal to be honest, unless you have a pressure gauge there is no way to tell if they're sealed and gassing up. Do a search on pressure barrels on here and you'll see all the problems people have had.

Why not try bottling, especially with a Pilsner? You'll get more carbonation with bottling, barrels are relatively low pressure and more suited to ales.

Latest posts

Back