Muntons flagship hazy ipa - 2 Questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kennie Diamond

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I'm currently 11 days into the process of brewing "muntons flagship hazy ipa".
I just did the second dryhop addition, and while i had the fermenting vessel open, i took a sample of the beer, to measure the gravity.

It started out at 1050, its now down to 1010. Am i correct in thinking that the fermentation has completed?
I will give it 3 days further, as per the instructions, to make sure the beer takes the aroma from the second dryhop aswell.
Given the OG/FG, the beer should be around 5.25% alcohol right now.
Also, when tasting the sample, the bitterness is already quite high.. How much (if any) will the bitterness increase with this second dryhop? The second dryhop is 30g citra, 30g mosaic.

Yes, it sounds like it's finished fermenting, but leave it the 3 days like it says. You'll get the hop flavour from the second addition and it'll also let the yeast drop out so you end up with less sediment in the bottle

You won't get much extra bitterness from the dry hop at all, if any.

Yes, it sounds like it's finished fermenting, but leave it the 3 days like it says. You'll get the hop flavour from the second addition and it'll also let the yeast drop out so you end up with less sediment in the bottle

You won't get much extra bitterness from the dry hop at all, if any.
Thanks for the confirmation ;). Can't wait to try this stuff.. the aroma from the sample i took which only had the first dryhop addition, already smells incredibly.. almost candy-like.. i can only imagine how the final product will smell/taste, once the second dryhop and bottle conditioning has completed!

So here is my final update.
This beer is absolutely the best beer i have ever made! (I have only made kit brews - evil dog ipa and evil dog double ipa).
This beer has lots of hop aroma and taste. Its very frothy when poured into a glass.
Absolutely outstanding taste.. This is an amazing beer!
The bitterness is quite high (might be due to my room temperatures being around 24C or so throughout most of the brewing process, due to warm weather. The bitterness is pretty much over in west coast ipa territory. But thats fine for me.

The only "downside" i can think of when it comes to this beer, is that the hop aroma fades quite quickly after you swallow the beer.. Some other hazy ipa's out there, seem to linger a bit longer in the mouth.. But hey, it just makes you want to take another sip, so you can experience the deliciousness once again.

i will most likely brew this beer again.. it really is outstanding in my opinion.
øl.jpgøl2.png

Latest posts

Back