Muntons Gold Smugglers Ale HELP!!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Devil

Reaction score
My beer has been in the FV for 7 days ( after taking advice on this forum) I itend to leave it in there for 10 days, I have taken 2 hydrometer readings today and both have been steady at 1.010... I was told that a reading of 1.012 or below is ideal but there is still bubbles rising in the FV.. why is this?? does this mean its still fermenting, also there are bits of crust floating around in the beer which I am a bit worried about.. is this normal??? I would appreciate any help you can give and advice on anything I migh tneed to do.. :thumb:

The beer is saturated with CO2 . . . although fermentation is stopped you still get some CO2 coming out of the solution . . . and hence bubbles.

Sounds like its still going, some brews go lower than others.
Give it the 10 days to let everything settle, its normal to have a few floaters, just leave it be and let its take its course :thumb:

Does the hydrometer 1.010 reading sound okay to you, I had a sneeky taste and it tasted very rich indeed so I am hoping it will be a nice brew :cheers:

Fine mate no worries.

Some kits could of been on the shelf for months and others possibly days, which can affect the dried yeast that's bundled with the kit. I've had some go as low as 1005.

Latest posts

Back