My first batch!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dibison

Reaction score
first ever brew on the go now, apple wine, heres hoping i've learned enough and this turns out ok!

I'll keep you all updated, one thing though its been sitting there for about an hour - hour and a half and from the bubbler theres only been about 5 at most little burps, from everything i'd read i was expecting it to be more active, the seal seems to be nice and tight, any ideas or should i ignore that fact and leave it to do its thing?

The yeast has to multiply itself up first, working aerobically, _then_ it starts the CO2+alcohol thing. Can take a while.

ok fair enough guess I'm just not the patient type aha!
well fingers crossed all the same, i'll keep you guys up dated as it bubbles along :)

Usually if I make a wine up I wouldn't worry about hearing no airlock activity until at least 24 hours later. It always comes, sometimes the little buggers just make you wait!!

well apple wine gave me a hydro reading little under 1 so decided time to rack it, crushed a CT into the new demi, in went the hose and away we went :D
next up was the potassium sorbate (that spelled right?) and the bentonite clay, got to admite its only been about 15 min 20 at most and bleeming hell theres ALOT of sediment there now :D

had a little sip tastes alright, might leave it for a bit rack it again then back sweeten, what can I say, I have a sweet tooth :lol:

Back