My first "its gone Pete Tong" brew day...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loady

[Superlative Сasual Dating Real Women]
Reaction score
Well..firstly let me start by saying, i am an idiot..and i didnt write an idiot sheet..having said that as well..it wouldnt have been much use as i would have missed writing down most of the various mistakes i made....

1: never pre heated MT, it was in outhouse all night

2: Didnt stir the HLT.

3: underlet the liquor on to grain.

That basically doomed the whole process..many times i was going to tip it out but thinks to piddledribble and other forum guys in the chat bar i got beer at the end of it, i done TT landlord..i had to keep draining the MT and taking it to kitchen hob and heating it and returning to MT..i took three goes of that and two kettles of freshly boiled water...apparently it was a good definition of a stepped mash :whistle: .....the reason i had to do all this was because my mash was at 30 degrees !!!...i managed to get 15ltr of beer..and the SG was a wopping 1056 worse way.

Its been in FV since sunday and started bubbling monday night..i just done a test today and its down to 1010 already, it stopped bubbling earlywednesday i think...does AG ferment faster ??..is it going to go down even more ? its already at 6.1 :shock: ...now shall i force carb it and use a cornie or batch prime it with some DME i have and put it in very nearly empty pressure barrell.

EDIT: Actually..i just went to trial jar to drink the sample and its moved to i would say 1012, i imagine it will drop a little more..hopefully not much past 1008 :drunk:

first brews are a steep learning curve loadsy, you didn't do bad.
I don't know why you didn't liquor back a few litres from the boiler and end up with more of a more suitable abv for Timmy Taylor, but there you go.

Enjoy the beer you made, go thro your process a few times, see how you can alter it for the better.....AND GET ANOTHER BREW ON...

How can you go wrong.....all we do is soak some grains in warm water,boil the resulting mash, add a few hops, bottle and drink ! not hard when you look at it like that..... :D

Latest posts

Back