My STC 1000 Loudspeaker

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Brewjubbly

Regular.
Reaction score
Made me chuckle... I was looking for an enclosure for the STC 1000 and could not find anything suitable and went into the loft to look around. I found an old speaker that was absolutely perfect down to having cable inlets that were the perfect size (actually they were the analogue outs :)).

Making holes and such:

Wiring up:

Finished article working perfectly:

:)

how do these things work, i have seen the wireing, but what then , do u plug in, the plug from the fridge, too a adapter, then to the socket on the wall , sorry if i seem a bit thick , :oops: :whistle:

the stc is plugged into the mains your cooling side ( fridge ) is wired into the cooling half of the stc, your tubular heater is wired into the heating side of the stc. you switch on set your desired temp on the stc and it then switches the heater or fridge on to keep the temp at what you set.

I fitted my STC 1000 in my wife's miniature herb garden window box she got for mothers day. I would post a picture but she might see it and realise where it disappeared to! :whistle:

piddledribble said:
the stc is plugged into the mains your cooling side ( fridge ) is wired into the cooling half of the stc, your tubular heater is wired into the heating side of the stc. you switch on set your desired temp on the stc and it then switches the heater or fridge on to keep the temp at what you set.
thanks for your help again, :thumb:

piddledribble said:
sorry to bother u again, what size tubular heater , and what watage would u recomend . i take it the heater is installed in the fridge , this is what is used to heat up , :oops:

remaerd said:
piddledribble said:
sorry to bother u again, what size tubular heater , and what watage would u recomend . i take it the heater is installed in the fridge , this is what is used to heat up , :oops:

60W Electric Tubular Heater - 1ft Tube

nobyipa said:
remaerd said:
piddledribble said:

60W Electric Tubular Heater - 1ft Tube
thanks for being patient ,and helping me cheers :thumb:

mine in a sandwich box not as posh as yours
k1qo.jpg
[/URL]

red plug blue plug
eaij.jpg
[/URL]
ctxe.jpg
[/URL]

When I am fermenting in my fridge I tape the temp probe to my FV under a piece of sponge or bubble wrap. I sit it on a heat pad and put a heat belt around it, plugged into the heat side of the stc and the fridge plugged into the cold side. This has worked fine for me and I have used this method several times for lagering. It stabilises the temperature very well and is ideal to gradually lower the temp when lagering.

Back