My wine page...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you take a final reading?

Aye pal,
Both in the yellow area...first 992 & 1002
The first one of 992 racked off, nothing with the 1002 one..

AnywAys went Aldi what a crock of so and so....
Wanting grape contistate Nothing! For the percheto (bad spelling!) and for banana wine..all got one 1l of 99% apple juice no grape juice..got some sugar and 2kg of bananas...off so sainburys tomorrow if they have other ingeriants..
Waited an hour for a taxi!! Not happy in the cold..
ATB
Bri

We recently got red grape juice from sainsburys delivered so you should be OK.

Thank the Lord :-)
Thanks pal..
Just practicing with a meal!!! Slow cooked shank of lamb, mint gravy, mash potatos, collie flower, broccoli and peas....
Peeling chopping the potatoes is one handed lol took ages!! Hope our lass is not hungry ha ha!! 13 hrs shift she better be hungry bless her!
Catch ya later
ATB
Bri

Well it's round 2 going to get ingredient for the banana wine & percesco wine....grape contistate in wilki's and hoping morrissons have grate juice...if not going to sainburys tomorrow...
De-gas the 1st DJ again and started the 2nd one after racking it...
Might just stabilise and clear tomorrow after a good de-gas.
ATB
Bri

If you are using your wine wand you shouldn't need to do it more than once, i degas for about a minute switching from forward to reverse every few seconds, don't do it in one direction only as i have read it introduces air rather than releasing CO2.

30/11/15

Hello all
Well the both DJ's of red wine have been staperlised & cleared..I'm happy with the progress so far.
As I said a few days ago I'm emazed that one was fermenting for 10 days and one Was all done in 3 days!!
The problem I find is I thought I done something wrong!!
I have to say due to my disibility with my brain function it has been a great feeling just to get on with the wine making, all the help from you all is emazing, so thank you.
ATB
Brian

Its surprising how the cold weather effects fermentation, i was going to rack and clear a couple of DJ's tonight which i started 12 days ago but they are still bubbling every 10 seconds, i don't cover them or use any source of heat so i will have to be patient.

I need your help?
we know ill get the answers eventually...but my brain isn't cooperating!
were to start....mmmmm! ok I check the first DJ and the reading was bottle...but the taste was so strong, slighty vinergar-ish..and sulphur..
the2nd DJ was better tasted like wine....a bit weak but nice..
how can remedy the first DJ...or is it whew out material??
both ive not bottled.
I'm hoping within age the first one will be ok.....
any help woud be appreciated..
ATB
Bri

What was in the first DJ?

What does reading says bottle mean?

Sorry pal,
It was late at night and I'd took my meds! Any excuse!...
The wine is Wilko Cabernet Sauvignon and on the the hydrometer around the 1000 mark its say 'bottle' I think in yellow...
I tried to look up the cause, but sorry only a few snipet of info are sinking.
One says took a long to ferment...one is too much oxygen...the temp sway, and I forgot the other reason (I'll not a good Sherlock Holmes at this rate!)
If the first is no good, how can increase the the alcohol level in the second DJ to give it a stronger taste???
I'm going to look at the readings to see the Finished sg reading but it's well under 13% by the taste.
Thanks again for all the help.
ATB
Bri

They usually tell you to leave it until it gets to .995 did your instructions give you a number?

They usually tell you to leave it until it gets to .995 did your instructions give you a number?

What number??
I'm just leaving the both DJ's and then taking reading about a week.
If there both not down to .995 I'll wait.
At the end of the day, one DJ is palatable and even is has a weak AVB it's a nice drink..lol
ATB
Bri

cheers everyone!
you witnessing the first wine since January.
As Chippy_tea said have I crack a bottle open n had a drink...if I'm not messaging tomorrow you know I'm in bed ill...:lol:
ATB
Bri

cheers everyone!
you witnessing the first wine since January.
As Chippy_tea said have I crack a bottle open n had a drink...if I'm not messaging tomorrow you know I'm in bed ill...[emoji38]
ATB
Bri
take it easy mate, it hits me twice as hard if I even have a week off the pop !

Latest posts

Back