Mystic Hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlew

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've recently come across some Mystic hops and I'm wondering if anyone has ever used them before? I was thinking of making a pale ale with them but could make another beer if they don't do well in that style.

Think they would be ideal in a English Pale. they would give a slightly fruity background. I have not used them on their own but with Jester(which they are a relation of) and Olicana

I made a SMASH with these and Maris Otter, made for a nice pale ale, one gallon batch with a kilo of Maris Otter, 15g 60 Minute addition 10g at 5 minutes and a 3 day dry hop with another 15g.

It made for a lovely beer, they are also a component in Crossmyloof’s Tropical England blend which makes a really good IPA.

Id=f you like the Mystic then as Obscure has said try the Tropical England mix from CML it's excellent

Sounds ideal for a pale ale. I enjoy using the relatively new Charles Faram English hops - Jester, Olicana, Harlequin are the ones I know and have liked. Mystic is a new one to me

I used 100g of Harlequin and 100g of CML Tropical England and it made a lovely IPA that was not as intense as the New World/Americans but has come so far after all the promises of the new English hop that will be the Holy Grail.
Do not be afraid to use them especially if you want to make a fruit beer they are fantastic as background hops

Back