New Car sales down 4.1%.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Car sales are down and it looks like the franchises are getting desperate (see Email at the bottom)

My car is over 7 year old and when i replace it it will not be with a new one, people buying cars on PCP are going to move to a new car when the warranty is about to run out as its going to cost them nothing to replace it (see 3 below) meaning there is going to be a good supply of low mileage second hand cars for the rest of us.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/car-finance/personal-contract-purchase/

3. Get a new car. This is the most common option for people taking a PCP deal. Usually at the end of a PCP deal, the car will be worth slightly more than the balloon payment. And if this is the case, your dealer will usually ask if you want to use that 'equity' as a deposit on a new PCP deal on a brand new car. For example, if the car’s actual value at the end of the deal in the example above was £9,000 and the balloon payment is £8,000, you’d have the difference of £1,000 that you could use as a deposit to roll into another deal.

Email from Vauxhall.

It’s time to get out with the old and in with the new. If your car’s more than 7 years old, trade it in before 30 June and we’ll give you a guaranteed £4,000 Scrappage Allowance towards a new Vauxhall with 6.9% APR Representative.

That’s a great new, fuel-efficient Vauxhall for less. We'll even give you 20% off Vauxhall Approved Accessories† so you can really make it your own.

To find out more and get a valuation on your old car, simply head to our website.

Last edited:
Said this in other threads. Things like uluz are killing the market at the moment. Plus the stupid new tax system. Manufacturers aren't equipped to produce the new eco cars yet.

The email is nothing new though. Haven't Vauxhall been doing good deals on scrappage for a number of years. I know a few people have had £4000 upwards for ant old banger

In the Netherlands (Amsterdam at least) any car on fossil fuel will be banned. Guess who's not going to buy a new(er) fossil fuel car in the next 10 years? Lots of people.
When Amsterdam goes electric, other cities will follow. Postponement is the best plan at the moment.

Haven't Vauxhall been doing good deals on scrappage for a number of years. I know a few people have had £4000 upwards for ant old banger

I remember there was a big scrappage deal a few years ago (may have been a government run thing) and the offer was £2000 i think it was to try and get the old dirty cars off the road all it did was remove affordable cars making it more expensive for those without a lot of money to replace their knackered cars, it also ruined a lot of those small back street car businesses as they could not replace the cheap cars they sold.

I remember there was a big scrappage deal a few years ago (may have been a government run thing) and the offer was £2000 i think it was to try and get the old dirty cars off the road all it did was remove affordable cars making it more expensive for those without a lot of money to replace their knackered cars, it also ruined a lot of those small back street car businesses as they could not replace the cheap cars they sold.

I think this was after the government scheme ended. I remember Vauxhall set up in a local supermarket car park with big banners, they had loads of people there. Most likely thinking they could make a quick buck by getting thousands for a banger and then selling the new car on

These PCP deals are becoming very popular and i can see why but being an old fart i do not like the fact you never own the car so if you came out of work and couldn't keep up payment it would be taken from you, i would rather own an eight year old car than not own a two year old one.

Latest posts

Back