New log store

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mbarn said:
BarnsleyBrewer - impressive haul! Are you buying and prepping yourself, or actually chopping the trees down?
I keep my eye out for the council chopping trees back and ask people to keep an eye out for any they see or friends chopping trees....
I bought a van, chainsaw and log spitter so i could shoot round, load up and chop and split any size tree i get old of..
Mate told me he had a massive Ash chopped down.... BB was around like a shot and got 4 van loads :-)

BB

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Mbarn said:
BarnsleyBrewer - impressive haul! Are you buying and prepping yourself, or actually chopping the trees down?
I keep my eye out for the council chopping trees back and ask people to keep an eye out for any they see or friends chopping trees....
I bought a van, chainsaw and log spitter so i could shoot round, load up and chop and split any size tree i get old of..
Mate told me he had a massive Ash chopped down.... BB was around like a shot and got 4 van loads :-)

BB
That's the spirit. :-) I'm tempted to do something similar, as I'm sick of buying builders bags of wood at £50 a pop, which are allegedly seasoned for 1 - 2 years, yet they sizzle and spit in the fire!

It's not even cold, but I got my stove fired up. Told the wife I was just "testing it", lol. Any excuse to be a pyro!

uhejapam.jpg

You should be proud of what you've done. We've go some bits of woodland around here and I take my rucksack and a small axe out when I'm walking the dog -these small bits of stick are great for a wood burner. Feels great sipping your own beer and having a fire for free.
Cheers RD

Back