The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks, just a quick introduction. My name's Grant, I'm from Falkirk, and I've been brewing on and off for a couple of years. I recently upgraded my kit from a stock pot on the stove and a plastic fermenting tub to a Grainfather setup and I've been navigating the challenges of high(er) tech brewing.

Hi Grant. I actually went back to stove top yesterday as I was doing a complicated brew. Best part was cooling really quickly in the sink (the brew not me :D).

Welcome
Excellent! That quick cooling is definitely a plus... that's the only part of my setup that's not there yet - I'm having to overnight cool as my kit is nowhere near a suitable tap for the counterflow wort chiller. 😐 What're you brewing?

Excellent! That quick cooling is definitely a plus... that's the only part of my setup that's not there yet - I'm having to overnight cool as my kit is nowhere near a suitable tap for the counterflow wort chiller. 😐 What're you brewing?

I've got two counterflow chillers (for historical reasons) but often do a no-chill overnight. It really shortens the brew day. Mine isn't that close to a tap, by the way, but a few metres of garden hose has sorted that.

I brew all kinds of stuff, latest was to brew all three sub styles of Biere de Guarde (Blonde, Amber and Brown) simultaneously. That was a busy two days :D.

Quite often (like the above) what I brew is prompted by what I see/read on here. The monthly competitions for example lead me to brew stuff I wouldn't have done without prompting.

Falkirk?!
download.jpeg

Welcome!

I've got two counterflow chillers (for historical reasons) but often do a no-chill overnight. It really shortens the brew day. Mine isn't that close to a tap, by the way, but a few metres of garden hose has sorted that.

I brew all kinds of stuff, latest was to brew all three sub styles of Biere de Guarde (Blonde, Amber and Brown) simultaneously. That was a busy two days :D.

Quite often (like the above) what I brew is prompted by what I see/read on here. The monthly competitions for example lead me to brew stuff I wouldn't have done without prompting.
My problem is that the outside tap is on the diametrical opposite side of the house from the garage where my kit is. Haven't figured out if there are tap adaptors for the fancy taps in the loo in the next room, but that could be a possibility. 🤔

Wow! Looking forward to getting some inspiration from the forum in that case. Sounds interesting!

Latest posts

Back