new pid controller question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this is a query on a pid controller i am building, i have built the controller plus ssr etc on a board so i can check everything without it being in a box, works a treat! question is the pid i am using is 12v, i am powering it with 240v power adapter( the variable 3v to 12v unit you buy when you cant find the power adapter to use with an electrical item you have)
the ssr is powered by its own 240v supply, because the pid is only drawing 12v can i use the ssr power supply to power both? this would be achieved by installing a 240v socket just before the ssr connections which would then power the pid, would this be safe? it would effectively be a radial ring which has 2 sockets on it.

i am looking to pick up another pid for my dad who is also a brewer but has 50 yrs + experience!, if i get a 240v unit can the same thing be done i.e a radial ring with 1 cable supplying power to both ssr and pid.

a big thanks to big yin for originally posting about building a pid temp controller, this is what gave me the confidence to build my own

Latest posts

Back