new wine brewer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miss winnie

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I've been brewing over a year now using kits and doing a couple of supermarket juice wines. Had a bit of a disaster with one which was way toooo sweet over the really cold period in November/ December and because of family circumstances haven't done one since. However just put a red grape/apple/raspberry one on (Monday) so hoping for a good result from that. Been lurking around this forum a while to get some tips n hints...it's a brilliant forum. Finally thought i'd become one of the family and am looking for a good recipe for a rose wine done in a 25litre fv...haven't used demijohns but think i will get hold of some cheap and start experimenting!!

Hi MW, try freecycle for demijons, you'd be amazed how many people have them from days gone by.
Can't help you with recipes I'm afraid as I only do wine kits.

Happy brewing.

Thanks for the welcomes! Out of interest Shandypants, what wine kits have you done? Wouldn't mind doing a white wine kit next.Have you done any which gives you a nice medium wine,nothing too dry?...cheers.

Latest posts

Back