Newbie arrived

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve_89

Reaction score
Hi guys/girls

So I've been following the forum for a while now. I made the leap into homebrewing November time last year.

Upto now I've completed 3 brews. 1 currently brewing.

The first brew I made was a cheap kit just to see if its something I would be into it was just described as "English beer" cannot remember the name of the kit. To my suprise something drinkable came out of it. The only mistake I made was under priming the bottles as a newbie I heard "exploding bottles" once and that made me over cautious. Other then been flat it wasn't to bad of a brew even if at the time my friend said the magic words of "yeah but I know you if toilet water had alcohol in it you would drink it" (it wasnt that bad)

Since then I've been hooked! brewed a kit rose with good reviews from the other half and a kit red wine which is still maturing (3 months old) tasting the sample before bottling led me to believe this would be good when mature.

Currently got a Norfolk Nog brewing as I write this. I'm more of an ale fan then anything else so, cannot wait for this. Its only 5 days in the fermentor so not much to say about it so far.

This weekend project is a mixed fruit Cider the first non kit brew il be brewing will be a mix of apple juice and mixed berries.

So that's where I am at. A complete novice but I'm here to learn, and hopefully improve my skills/ Recipes from the guys that have been doing it years.

Latest posts

Back