Newbie intro

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all just started brewing in a small way equipment for 3 extract kits in use, including heat belts and a fan set up using an inkbird .luckily the place I use to brew holds a steady 22 degrees and so at this time of year have not had to use it... So far have 2 brewferm kits wheat triple and Dunkle Bock in bottles maturing, With Tiny rebels Cwtch (I love the Draught version ) and festivals Pilgrims hope in fermentor's ..
Next up is brewferms imperial stout with the addition of Blackrocks milk stout enhancer ,lets see how that goes :). also have brewferms Saison and Belgium Wit ready to go :) Have a fair old what I will get for Christmas list already:wink... Want to improve my equipment, be a short while before I get onto whole grain.... .Happy days Kim :beer1:

Hi all just started brewing in a small way equipment for 3 extract kits in use, including heat belts and a fan set up using an inkbird .luckily the place I use to brew holds a steady 22 degrees and so at this time of year have not had to use it... So far have 2 brewferm kits wheat triple and Dunkle Bock in bottles maturing, With Tiny rebels Cwtch (I love the Draught version ) and festivals Pilgrims hope in fermentor's ..
Next up is brewferms imperial stout with the addition of Blackrocks milk stout enhancer ,lets see how that goes :). also have brewferms Saison and Belgium Wit ready to go :) Have a fair old what I will get for Christmas list already:wink... Want to improve my equipment, be a short while before I get onto whole grain.... .Happy days Kim :beer1:
Hi H

If you would like to receive some independent verification about how good your beers, I will happily provide my address. Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the offer :) acheers.
Hi H

If you would like to receive some independent verification about how good your beers, I will happily provide my address. Welcome to the forum

Yes, it’s custom for the noobs to send all members a bottle for testing purposes.

On a serious note, temp control and water are the first 2 things to look at. Convert an old free fridge to ferment in, and remove the chlorine if you have a lot in your water.

Enjoy.

Yes, it’s custom for the noobs to send all members a bottle for testing purposes.

On a serious note, temp control and water are the first 2 things to look at. Convert an old free fridge to ferment in, and remove the chlorine if you have a lot in your water.

Enjoy.
:beer1: Hi thanks for your advice, I am using pure brew hopefully that will smooth out the water open to suggestions of a better choice.....as far as the fridge I will wait till next year to employ my inkbird for better use . geter brewed are selling those polystyrene cool/heat units. my problem is space they look like they are bigger than an upright larder fridge ,but more movable than an old fridge . Plus it would allow me to attempt some lager kits . wink...

Back