newbie questions - Wherry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tap came pre installed, I presume it was lubed. I tried to nip it up tighter before filling but it wouldn't budge.
If there wasn't a tight seal round the tap wouldn't it leak as the pressure built up above?

I have two of these . Quick release taps lube threads pull lever away from tap , two more o rings clean after each use and lube, the top 2 inch cap is it a pressure release valve because from my experience if you over tighten it will leak , be gentle and turn until it stops then 1/4 turn thats it . I've have a leak from the top 2" inch before don't be a men be a girl .

Yes it's a pressure release valve, and I did tighten it as much as I could. Perhaps it's creased the o ring or something. I'll remove and re lube without getting too manly! Do you think add the full 100g of sugar, or a little less this time as it's already had some?
Thanks for all the advice, really appreciate it...

Yes that's fine ive done that , a little pinch on the valve after a few days you will confirm the build up of pressure , good luck

Definitely the top cap seal, when I removed it the rubber ring was all contorted and bent out of shape. A liberal helping of vaseline and a gentle touch has hopefully sorted it.
Many thanks...

Thanks again for all your help everyone. The finished product was lovely and clear and very drinkable. After moving house, I'm now ready for brew number two. One last question before choosing another - it seemed very fizzy, as in to get a pint with only 1cm of head took literally 3minutes, which feels an age when standing there. Any quicker and I'd have half a glass of foam! Is that normal?

Latest posts

Back