No-chill in a pressure barrell

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tetsuo1981

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all.

Hoping to finally have a go at BIAB brewing this year. Needing to do no-chill untill I can get running water to my brewshed and don't really want to buy a dedicated vessel. Got me thinking about using my Wilko pressure barrel as I can purge the O2 with CO2 keeping the beer safe while it comes to pitching temp. Does this sound feasible? I just want to try and utilise what I have rather than buy another thing when my cash is best served in getting water to the shed

Cheers

You should be OK (no guarantee) if you carefully sanitise the PB and let the wort cool a bit in your boiler..

DON'T seal the PB after you fill it as it cools it may be sucked in, just leave the lid loose or cover the top with a cloth soaked in starsan.

ATB aamcle

DON'T seal the PB after you fill it as it cools it may be sucked in, just leave the lid loose or cover the top with a cloth soaked in starsan.
Thanks for that, didn't think about possible vacuum (physics not my strong point!).

Latest posts

Back