Noob Mead Guy :)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geordie Carl

Reaction score
New Member, new to brewing. started with mead for some reason. always fancied it. Currently have 5L fermenting bucket bubbling away, slowed down last couple of days but its been 3 weeks now, I'll be syphoning it into 2 large carboys for another 2-3 weeks before back-sweetening.

Just wanted to say Hi

Hi folks, like so many other mead posts I've scrolled over these last few days i have kept things simple with my 1st batch.
Cheap-ish honey from aldi, not cheap cheap. Bottled spring water also from aldi. Wine yeast and wine nutrients from wilkos.
Already learning as I go. My hopes are that i can learn the basic recipe and a method i'm comfortable with and produce something nice. Before I tinker with fruit, spices etc.
I'll be syphoning my 1st batch from the primary bucket into carboys over the weekend. From there i'll give it a good shake and leave for a few more weeks. before adding campden and back sweetening.
I'm a total noob to brewing in all honesty. Wanted to brew for years but never got around to it.
Love Real Ale, was a active member of my local CAMRA and even the young members representative for a brief time (many years ago), so i've drank loads of fresh proppa plonk but never brewed a drop till now..

Latest posts

Back